Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Cultural Identities

I believe that cultural identities was one of my favorite topics that was discussed in the debates during the semester. It caused much controversy, however, i find it quite simple. I believe that we are who we are and that we can never change that. Much like the Body Imaging topic many people throughout the world today find it interesting to look like or be a part of some ethnic group that is not of their own. As you would guess, from my standpoint, you know that I feel that this is garbage and that God made us all and that we should honor that. I also believe that although, yes race plays a significant role in how things are played for an individual in the world today, that the buck does not stop there. Yes, being a black male in today's society is challenging, and it was worst in the past, however, I feel that is not what God called me to focus most of my energy on. I will not complain about my race or my skin tone, but yet I will rejoice in the matter and be glad. Yeah, everyone may not want to hear my opinion on this topic today, but one day HIS SON will come back to reclaim everything. In HELL and in HEAVEN there will not be different spaces for different races, there will be one for all. That is my view, however I can understand other's views and that race is important down here. I can go on and talk about things like the origins of race and ask the question what is race, but I don't think that would be a short topic.

No comments: