Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Social Networking

As my presentation suggested earlier in the semester I stay true to my theory that social networking is a beneficial tool in society. I believe that tools online such as Facebook and Myspace are beneficial to us socially. Personally I opt to use these online programs only to glorify my God as with everything else that I do. However, I could I understand how one would use these social networking tools to advance their business, find long lost friends, and keep in touch with others. It is medium, like other things being introduced to our society, that makes things more convenient. Who said that something like this blog would be a great idea for correspondence between people over thirty years ago? Anything can be made to advance our communication and I am all for it. On the contrary, I find it pertinent to talk about the negatives of facebook and other social networking tools as well. Of course I do not like to hear that we have girls being picked up online by stalkers and rapists and I also do feel that a lot of children spend way too much time wasting on the internet period. I think that Face book is a thing that someone can be sucked in to but you just have to be aware of it.

No comments: