Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Genetics

Genetics is the study of the stuff that our body is made of, DNA. I felt that this debate was that similar to the debate of cultural identity. Many of the topics discussd in both debates seemed to intertwine. I personally do not believe in a string theory or a link theory as some may call it. I like I will always just believe that God created the Earth and that we can never understand everything. The science of Genetics, from my understanding can tell us about a lot of things about our internal selves and about how culture is formed period. Through this debate I learned about reproudction, mutation, and what DNA actually is. I learned that natural selection causes a segment of a population to have a higher percentage of reproducing over a given period of time.

No comments: