Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Do Words Matter?

I believe that words do matter and that what you say is what another should person should get and interpret. I believe that word should be your bond and that someone should be able to credit your trust as much as they credit your cash. I remember watching Amistad in the scene where the leader of the slave revolt actually told the white lawyer that in his tribe ( I believe the Mende) in Sierra Leone they did not have interpretation for such terms as should and could because the men in his culture meant what they said and did what they said. This should be relayed in our culture where we have many debates and disbeliefs simply because they did not do what they said they would. Words can also hurt a persons feelings and the Bible teaches against idle talking such as ranking or riding on people. We are not suppossed to do that. Also the word Nigger has taken an infamous history over the centuries and been in the mouths of countless people with different meanings. This term should be stopped in my opinion. But I don't think Niggas will ever understand that.

No comments: