Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Video Games

This was probably my second favorite topic and debate that was discussed this semester. Within this debate we discussed the many negative and positive aspects of the video game industry. The positive aspects that Marcus pointed out related to me personally. He told of a recent Playstation game called Medal of Honor in which I learned of battles, rifles, war time stories, and even a little cinema of World War II. Growing up I found this very educational personally. Another personal example of the positive aspects of videos games was that when I would play Fifa Soccer for Playstation each year I would learn of new club teams that played throughout Europe and all their players. This came very beneficial to me since they never show any Enlgish Football on American TV. The obvious negative aspects of video games are the introductions to drugs, cursing, gang violence, prostitution and the general notion of it taking up Bobby's time. My kids will have the butt outside doing recreational, physical labor, or competitive activities all the time. I probably will allow them a video game or two though!

No comments: